New Icann Rules
For those that like the NSA or want to wonder about NSA Governmental pressure on the Internet about Identification. I recieved this as apart of my work from Godaddy. NO Web Host is immune. Unless you go into the Darknet/Deep Web. Which is the last Wild West Territory. However if you go this route be prepared to never see Facebook or regular internet again!
As a note WHOIS in short is your personally identifiable information. About the owner of a website. You are required by law to fill out 100% accurate information. Otherwise the Registrar has the right to retake control of your website/domain name. As well as remove you from having access to the said domain name.
Dear Ricky Cain,
In order for us to continue to hold accreditation with ICANN and to offer you the latest products like new gTLDs when they become available, there will be changes to your Reseller terms and obligations effective January 1, 2014. We have done our best to ensure that there is minimal impact to you. Full details are disclosed in our terms and the latest ICANN Registrar Accreditation Agreement. (www.icann.org/en/
Briefly, here are some highlights to call to your attention:
1. New responsibilities regarding WHOIS data that require validation and verification of WHOIS contacts for both the reseller and the domain owner. We will be taking care of this on your behalf and as a result, we will be sending the necessary communications to your customers using your name and brand.
2. New ICANN rules mean that Resellers must comply with all Registrar requirements. We will be performing periodic audits and will require you to address any issues in a timely manner as noted in our policy.
• Read through the policies that have changed below.
• Reseller Agreement
• ICANN Registrar Accreditation Agreement, specifically Section 3.12 and the Specifications
covering WHOIS Data quality and Data Retention.
• Assess how you are using our API and make the appropriate changes to your code. We’re updating our API and documentation with new methods that will enable you to check the verification status of contact information. We are also asking you to properly pass the address and telephone number, including the country code, properly formatted as this will become mandatory for new registrations on March 31, 2014.
Again, thank you for your commitment to the program. We are here to help. Please call us at (480) 505-8877 with any questions.
Reseller Product Team
Originally on my blog
Leave a Reply